Ladies and Gentlemen there are Democrats running for positions for local County Commission Seats as well as for State Offices. We here at the Blount County Democratic Party are working hard to provide local Democrats with good candidates and information on those candidates.
For more information regarding the specific candidates for this election who are running for office on the Democratic Ticket along with information on Locations for Early Voting please see our NEW “ELECTION 2014” tab located at the top of the page next to our Democratic Accomplishment List. We have provided links to candidate websites and will update those as they become available to us so that you may cast an informed vote for the candidate of your choice.
Marte Lawrence- Vice Chair Blount County Democratic Party & Communications Director
The Blount County Democratic Party will host a Chili Social and Candidate Forum Friday, February 21st at 6:30 p.m. at the American Legion located at 224 Waters Road in Maryville.
We wil have Terry Adams U.S. Senate Candidate and U.S. Senate Candidate Larry Crim along with TNDP Chair Roy Herron as our guests along with local County Commission Candidates. Come out an meet your local Democratic Candidates.
Chili with all the fixins’ is our menu along with good Homemade Desserts. There will be plenty of good food and good conversation. Tickets are on sale now and are $10.00 per person. You may purchase ahead of time or simply $10.00 at the door.
Chili Social Press Release2.11.14
- Monday Nov. 18 – Blue Cross Blue Shield will hold an informational meeting regarding ACA marketplace – 10am at MLK Center Franklin Street Alcoa TN
- Monday, Nov. 18 – MEET U.S. SENATE CANDIDATE TERRY ADAMS – 6pm – Farragut Library 417 N. Campbell Station Rd, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Friday Nov. 22 – BCDP 3rd Friday Event – 5pm – Southland Books.
- Wed. Nov. 20th at noon – Wanda Sobieski will present the slide show (The Legacy and Challenge of Suffrage) at YWCA downtown Knoxville. Sponsored by East TennesseeLawyers Association for Women.
- Thurs. Nov. 21 – The public is invited to attend the premiere of “Remote Area Medical,” a feature film documentary on the nonprofit that provides free health care to millions worldwide. It will be shown at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Theatre in Knoxville. Tickets will be available at the door. There is no charge to attend.
- Friday Nov. 22 – If you wish to run for an elected office you may begin the process by picking up candidate kits at the Blount County Election Commission office at the Blount County Courthouse.
- Saturday, NOV 23, 10 am-2 pm – Affordable Care Sign-up Volunteers are helping people sign up for ACA.
- Sunday, NOV 24, 1-5 pm – Affordable Care Sign-up Volunteers are helping people sign up for ACA.
- Tuesday, NOV 26, 4:30-8:30 pm – Affordable Care Sign-up Volunteers are helping people sign up for ACA.
- Thurs. Nov. 28 – Thanksgiving
- Sat. Nov. 30 – at 10am-2pm – Affordable Care Sign-up Volunteers are helping people sign up for ACA.
- Sun. Dec. 1 – at 1pm – 5pm – Affordable Care Sign-up Volunteers are helping people sign up for ACA.
- Fri. Dec. 6 – at 11:30 – BCDP 1st Friday event – Southland Books
- Sat. Dec.7 – BCDP – Adopt a Road clean-up — Lincoln Rd. – meet at 10am – Alcoa Credit Union at Hall Rd/ Lincoln Rd. (alternate date for inclimate weather Dec.14.)
- Sat. Dec. 7 – at 10am – 2pm – Affordable Care Sign-up Volunteers are helping people sign up for ACA.
- Sat. Dec. 7 – at 11am – BCDP Women’s Federation – at Southland Books.
- Sun. Dec. 8 – at 1pm – 5pm – Affordable Care Sign-up Volunteers are helping people sign up for ACA.
- Mon. Dec. 9 – Blue Cross Blue Shield will hold an informational meeting regarding ACA marketplace – 10am at MLK Center Franklin Street Alcoa TN
- Thursday Dec. 12 – BCDP Executive Committee Meeting – 6:30pm – at Blount County Library
- Wed. Dec. 18 – Blue Cross Blue Shield will hold an informational meeting regarding ACA marketplace – 10am at MLK Center Franklin Street Alcoa TN
- Thurs. Dec. 19 – Blount County Commission usually meets on 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Friday Dec. 20 – BCDP – 3rd Friday event – 5pm – Southland Books
*Affordable Care Sign Up Dates for November and early December.
Below are dates and times in November and early December when volunteers will be available to help people sign up for Affordable Healthcare.
These dates are scheduled for the Blount County Library in the computer lab.
Saturday, NOV 23 — 10 am-2 pm
Sunday, NOV 24 — 1-5 pm
Tuesday, NOV 26 — 4:30-8:30 pm
Sat. Nov. 30 — 10am – 2pm
Sun. Dec. 1 — 1pm – 5pm
Sat. Dec. 7 — 10am – 2pm
Sun. Dec. 8 — 1pm – 5pm
There has been much information floating about regarding the current push for a change in our form of county government. The push is to move to a county charter form of government from the current form. I am supplying copies of the research I obtained from MTAS the program through the University of Tennessee that assists local governments to give any one who is interested more details regarding the proposed changes. Click on either of the link in this post to go to the pdf document for futher information.
Blount County Democratic Party
County Charter Form of Government
Blount County Democratic Party – Bean Dinner – at the American Legion Building (224 Waters Rd Maryville, TN 37803) – Menu: Beans, cornbread, coleslaw, cake – Gerrae Messer will be collecting commitments to prepare food and clean up. TN Dem. Party Chair, Roy Herron has been invited. We are awaiting his response. Tickets $10.
- Alzheimer’s Association Walk – Maryville College. Joe Gallagher volunteered to captain a team for the walk and to raise contributions.
This event will be a morning event check back for times.
H.O.M.E. Inc. Banquet- Greenmeadow Country Club – Tickets $35.00
Truman Day Dinner – Knoxville at the Foundry – Keynote speaker: Rep. Steve Cohen (Memphis) – others: Mayor Madeline Rogero, State Rep. Gloria Johnson, State Rep. Joe Armstrong. $60.
Jackson Day Dinner – Nashville – Keynote speaker: Sen. Tim Kaine (VA) – Tickets $125 (table of 8) – will be $200 next week. The State Exec. Committee and County Chair Association will be meeting as well.